Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dreaming of Warmer Weather.

Living in the Pacific Northwest often means that our weather can be...temperamental. We get fun and sun, but if you blink your eyes, the clouds roll in and it's raining. We are known for the rain and we get lots of it!

But at this point in the year, we are getting the teaser days. The highs are around 70, the nights and evenings are still quite chilly! It's, actually, my favorite time of the year. Some days are sunny, hot, beautiful, but at night, I'm still able to sleep, snuggle in my blankets, and enjoy the cool breeze coming through the window. It's quite beautiful!

There is something so intoxicating about warm weather. Like all things are possible and all things are open to you! The world is your oyster, or so they say. I was speaking to my boyfriend about this. In the summer you never feel as tired. You can go out to drinks, dinner, dessert, concerts, walking on the river, movies in the park, and enjoy yourself. There's hardly a time when you say no to things when the weather is nice. 

BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, watermelon, burgers, all the good food! Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering! But back on track, summer and spring is all about the happiness, and all the fun you can have with the weather and your friends and enjoying.

The point of this post? Warm weather means one of my absolute favorite things on the planet! That is... SUNDRESSES! Gosh, I would live in them if I could. They're easy, comfortable, and all you have to do is find shoes and jewelry and you're out the door. Ugh, it's just something I adore. 

I bought a dress at the Old Navy Dress Sale that I am in love with! And I bought a new jean jacket because the one I had was from 2005. Time for a new one. And I put them together for a fun outfit idea and I cannot wait!  


The scarf is from GAP many years ago and I just thought the patterns were a fun mix. I'm so happy! I think I have to perfect occasion to wear this! But it's a secret since I'm surprising my boyfriend for his birthday! 

Enjoy the sunshine!

xxLindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment