Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Scribblings Two: 'Real Life'

Picture found through Google Image Search, keyword: real life. 


Real Life...

That is a loaded topic, isn't it? Real life...

When I read this prompt, I was expecting a little bit of an explanation. A little bit of guidance to move me in one direction or the other. However, that didn't happen. Just two words: real life.

So I chose to take the liberties and write about some things that are going on in my real life.

The blogging world is an interesting one. I don't know if I have regular readers, or perhaps ones that stop by occasionally, or none at all, however, that doesn't mean I don't want to write. It doesn't mean I am going to stop my blog. Because even if I am here for one person, and that person is myself, it is still worth it.

The blogging world is an interesting one. It allows people to showcase the amazing parts of themselves to the internet. I know this because I do that too. However, when you read a blog about things like that, it often can change the way you look at your own real life. And it begins to be a comparison between someone else's blog life, internet life, and our own real life. But blogging is the complete opposite of that. It only shows the pretty parts and sometimes the vulnerable parts, but it never is going to show the whole parts.

So the topic at had, my real life.

Hmm...

I guess something that is happening in my real life is learning to live on my own and pay for all my own things. That is something that I realized would happen, but now that I am here and dealing with it, it is scary and exciting and all together interesting to say the least. 

For instance, just this morning, my boyfriend/roommate drove me to work so that he could take my car in on his day off and get the oil changed and fix the flat tire we got on Sunday night. And all of those things I had to pay for myself. I have never had to do that before. But I did, and that's what matters.

I hated the cushions on the back of my couch. I mean the couch is great for the $500 I paid for it brand new, however, the cushions don't come up high enough for my 6'5" boyfriend and my 5'8" self. They just don't make for a comfortable time on the couch, unless we are laying down or turn the cushions on their sides. So, instead of complaining, and worrying about it constantly, I decided to find more interesting pillows that I likes a lot better than the ones I had, and ones that would come up much higher on our backs. They are 24"x 24" pillow covers with a GORGEOUS map print. And when those are delivered, all we have to do is stuff them. 
It will make my couch more unique and it will give it the personal touch that I need. These pillows will also add some color, texture, gives us more light. Plus! Again, the pattern and color will be nothing like anyone else has! I cannot wait!

Picture from the Etsy seller I used: Cut4You.


I have a pear tree in my backyard that I really need pick up to fallen pears from before my boyfriend can mow, so that is something that I have to do tonight that I am looking forward to almost as much as a Root Canal. Har Har Har...

I washed my hair today and it looks terrible. I hate hair washing day.

I am wearing an orange sweater today that is so cute, but also way too hot.

These are the real life things I am dealing with at the moment. It is my real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment